A player is a term used describes a man who toys with the emotions of women (oftentimes many women at the same time) when he really isn’t at all serious about pursuing real relationships. If you are in a relationship with a guy and fear that he is a “player,” watch out for certain key signs that cannot be ignored.
1. He mentions his ex in too positive of a manner. You get the impression that they are not just friends, but still have a connection. He could be dating the two of you at the same time. He may have actually never broke up with her.
2. He won’t see you at certain times of the week or has poor reasons why he can’t see you during that time.
3. He makes poor excuses to cancel on you — chalks it up to allergies, says he ate too much food, wants to spend time cleaning behind his television.
4. When you visit him, you find trinkets that belong to other women that are not you.
5. Sometimes he says he swears he told you certain details. What he means is that he told another lady the same details but forget which one he told.
6. He says whatever he can to get some action with you; lying is not beneath him. It’s confusing as to whether or not he wants a relationship with you or is playing the field.
7. He pushes you frequently for something more physical and is remiss at talking about his emotions or the future.
8. He refers to other women frequently and doesn’t seem to have a clear definition of what is a female friend. He may refer to you simply as friend even if you feel like that stage has past.
9. He refers to you as accepting his “routine.” Why would someone use the word “routine?”
10. He seems tired and disconnected all the time. You know he works hard, but he doesn’t seem as energetic as you. He may be spending his energy on someone else.